SQUARE ENIX ANNOUNCES DISGAEA DS FOR EUROPE AND PAL TERRITORIESLondon (25th September 2008) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that Nippon Ichi Software’s Disgaea® DS will be released by Square Enix across PAL territories in Spring 2009 on the Nintendo DS™ system
Simple yet highly addictive, Disgaea DS is an updated portable version of the classic Strategy RPG Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, previously available on the PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system. Since its release Disgaea has won over a loyal following of fans that have grown to love the quirky humour and deep, long-lasting challenge.
Disgaea DS doesn’t just let you take the Disgaea madness on the road, but introduces exciting innovations such as the new duel system multiplayer, complete with masses of customisable rules and game options. You’ll also be able to connect to your friend’s Nintendo DS to swap and share items, take your battles to a new strategic level with Geo Cubes and there’s an added exclusive new story mode dedicated to Etna and her quest to become Beauty Queen Ultimate Overlord.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “I am delighted that we are able to bring Disgaea DS to players in Europe and PAL territories. Nippon Ichi has created a game perfectly suited for portable play that will entertain and challenge in equal measure. ”
About DISGAEA 3 Absence of Justice
The Netherworld – a place darker than a pitch-black cave, located deeper than the depths of the seas. It is a cursed land where evil reigns and foul beings dwell. Nobody knows its whereabouts, but everybody fears its existence…
The story takes place two years after the death of King Krichevskoy, the ruler of the Netherworld. His son Laharl slept for two full years, unaware of his father’s death, while demons fought for supremacy over the Netherworld. With the help of his vassal Etna and her underlings, the egocentric, megalomaniac Prince Laharl fights his way to become the next king.
• Discover who is the best strategist with the all-new duel system for multiplayer battles
• Multi Customisation lets you customise the multiplayer mode, with changes to game rules, field and win/loss conditions and much more
• Geo Cubes. These cubes have very special effects and are dealt equally to each player, use them carefully as they can both delight and infuriate
• Shop and Share with Wireless Communication Mode, trade with friends and share your item data
• Exclusive New Story. A dedicated story for Etna and an all-new ending if you defeat this mode
• Guest Appearances – you never know who you’ll run into next with hidden characters waiting to be unlocked